Currently transforming itself, we are looking for a solid Node.js Microservice and REST API Developer who has been around the block to join our development team and help us shape our products, move along our development path and build the future.
We have just started migrating to a :
- Business Service-oriented.
- API and Event-driven.
- AWS Cloud-hosted.
- Microservice-based platform.
…so you have the chance to come in and help us build new products in a small, Agile team.
We are evolving towards a Node.js ecosystem while still dipping in Java legacy. We aim to build well documented APIs, well tested code. We want our team to understand what we’re building and why. Some of the following could make you a great fit to join :
- You are excited about working on a small, passionate, talented multi-cultural Agile team.
- Analyzing business requirements and imagining solutions gets your mind going.
- You are active in the open source community or have a desire to start contributing.
- You care deeply about code quality, performance, and execution, and you know how to balance quality with regular and fast shipping.
- You don’t mind helping out on other areas of the stack if necessary.
- You are comfortable in an environment where projects are time-sensitive.
- Adapting to changes in products, projects, and direction won’t throw you off.
- 3+ years of experience in development using modern stacks/frameworks/technologies.
- Experience with object-oriented and MVC design patterns.
- API design experience.
- Familiarity with Business Service Oriented Architecture (BOA) or Distributed Systems.
- Experience with AWS.
- Good knowledge of testing practices.
- Fluent English. French or Dutch are a plus.
- Proficiency with a Linux environment.
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda Stack.
- Experience documenting APIs. Swagger is a plus.
- Previous experience with Scrum.
- Willing to learn new technologies, share knowledge and evolve.
- Experience with messaging systems.
- A professional, stimulating and state of the art working environment.
- Opportunity for personal development in line with business growth.
- Rich and acknowledged e-business expertise.
- Attractive package.
Vincent Haesevoets will be the contact person for this position.