Our client is a publishing house publishing magazines and online content on the construction industry. Our goal for 2019 is to expand the topics we write about.
Here is an overview of what we write about :
- Architecture in all its aspects.
- Garden & open areas.
- Interior design (woodwork, timber…).
- Decoration (painting, soft floorings…).
- Finishing (floors, walls, tiles…).
And the type of articles we publish :
- Project description.
- Interviews with large and small companies.
- Similar articles.
- Trends / overviews on specific topics.
- Product information.
- General news on the industry.
The Digital Content Manager’s role is a very varied one, you will be working on managing and helping developing the content of the publishing company from beginning to end at a digital level. You will be the most important element of the creation of an online ‘neutral knowledge database for the building sector professionals’.
In other words :
- Making the existing content of 6 existing magazines ‘SEO-proof’ and put it online.
- Our existing writers write for printing, and this must me made ‘digital ready’ by in order for the writers to take it into consideration while writing their content.
- The articles must be linked to the appropriate category and topics.
- There will be more or less 25 articles per category x 24 categories x 4 editions per year meaning 600 articles a year.
- Creating new content/articles/topics.
- Based on SEO and keywords analysis. The goal is to create content based on SEO and keywords analysis. The Digital Content Manager will be responsible for driving these analyses. What are the hot issues within the industry? Which keywords are used and what is the search behaviour of our readers?
- Based on surveys conducted among our readers. Which products are our customers looking for? What do they want more information over? How do they find the information they need and how do they want to stay informed?
- Based on surveys conducted among our customers. What do they expect? How can we meet their expectations? Can we convince customers to co-create content?
- Based on collaborations with our new partners.
- Looking for new authors is an important part of your tasks.
- The goal is to find new authors every week. They are experts in various fields in the construction industry. They must be convinced to agree to share their knowledge to the target audience in exchange for visibility.
- Helping to ‘market’ this content platform.
- Helping to define the marketing of the platform. How do we best position it in the market? Using which channels?
- Managing existing authors.
- They need to send their content on time en upload the right files on the server, you also have to check whether the pictures are added there too.
- General management of the online platform.
- Make sure the overview of categories is visible and that the content is placed in the right topic.
- Writing yourself the ‘online content and content pages within the industry we write about, or at least define subjects and outsource them.
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch, good level of English (French isn’t necessary).
- Excellent writing skills and good people skills.
- A nice personality with a hands-on spirit (no 9 to 5 mentality).
- Dare take initiatives, go to events, call authors, dare looking for new partners, don’t be afraid to lead a team of authors and assign tasks.
- SEO knowledge, search words research and of the main tools which will then be used in this effect.
You will be part of a great team, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and where all ideas are welcome. This is a great opportunity to grow and have a real impact on the business. You will be at the heart of our activities. The Digital Content Manager’s role is a very varied one, you will be working on managing and helping developing the content of the publishing company from beginning to end at a digital level. You will be the most important element of the creation of an online ‘neutral knowledge database for the building sector professionals’.
Tina Malasizde will be the contact person for this position.